Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day one

And so my poker dream begins.  A simple goal.  To make a million american dollars by playing online poker within a few years, while starting with a zero balance.  I will start by using some of the cash  I accumulated thru winning without depositing a cent of my own money. I literally started playing with a 0.00 balance.   I won a freeroll on bodog for about 9 dollars. Freeroll tournaments are tournaments you play with no entry fee, and your able to win a small amount of real cash. It took about 6 hours to place 2nd in the tournament over about 3000 players.  I played the lowest sit and go's possible ( $2.00),  and played hundreds of low stakes tournaments. I then took this money and deposited it on fulltilt and other sites. They gave me a match bonus of 600 dollars, but I only matched about 100 of it, because of my work schedule
 I then played 5 dollar sit and go's and cash games, and a few tournaments. I have cashed out a few hundred dollars to buy poker training materials, and learn from pro's on the internet.  The first place I went to was www.pokerxfactor.com.  "Sheets" (he got his name from what are called racing bet sheets at the horsetrack) was my instructor, thru videos. I have since studied at bluefirepoker, leggopoker, deucescracked, cardrunners, stoxpoker, and studied the forums at www.twoplustwo.com.  I also listen to poker podcasts religiously, especially cash plays on pokerroad radio.
It is there that top pro's analyze hands, spots, situations to minimize losses, or make the most money from a certain hand.  Hand analysis is crucial in good poker. I have cleaned out my database, and have assumed a zero balance. This is because, I could not consider poker to be a job before today - most in part because of my busy work schedule.   I will start to play at the lowest cash game 6max buy in which is 2NL.
Here is my profit graph so far on these lowest stakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment